Hello everyone and welcome to this month's Traveler's Journal feature! This month is all about the holiday season and using your journals to document your favorite moments and memories. Whether you are creating a journal to document past years or preparing a journal for this upcoming holiday, get ready to be inspired!
The journal I am sharing today is one to document my family's Christmas cookie making from last year. I could probably go back and print more pictures from other years and create a whole Traveler's Journal bundle with cookie baking journals from several years - how fun would that be?
On the cover, I used dies from the Traveler's Journal: December collection to add the "Christmas" word and polka dotted label. I typed on the label with my typewriter to complete the title for my journal.
The opening page just tells a little snippet of how Christmas cookie making is a family tradition. I typed up my journaling on a adhesive label (you could also use a white adhesive sheet) and then attached it easily to my journal page.
I pulled out the Sweet Holiday Wishes stamp set and coordinating dies to create some fun cookie embellishments for my journal pages. I stamped the cookies with Fresh Snow ink onto Kraft cardstock and then added the detail die cut to the top. I used a glue pen to add some glitter for a fun sparkly effect.
The snowflake cookie on this page is layered on the snowflake from the Traveler's Journal: December die collection.
Throughout the pages in this journal, I used the the same layout design. This made putting together this journal quick and easy and is the best tip in the world that I can give for being able to complete projects like this in a faster amount of time. Keep things simple and repeat your favorite designs and layouts again and again!
On the left side I used a picture covering the whole page with a cookie detail shot that I had taken the day we made cookies. If you didn't have a photo to use, some patterned paper to cover a page would work great for this type of layout.
On the right side, I added a photo from our cookie making day, some journaling underneath, a title stamped with some typed words from the Traveler's Journal: December and Traveler's Journal: December Typed Words stamp sets, a cookie embellishment, and a few gold stars sprinkled around down the one side of the page.
Here's the next pages in my journal using the same layout. Switching up the pictures and embellishments makes the layout its own.
My mother-in-law makes some of her cookies for a bake sale at her church and so she always has quite a list of cookies to make... and we all end up making quite a lot of cookies to split up at the end.
Here's one last layout to share sharing another full page picture of cookies from our cookies making day and a picture of my husband, Chad, making spritz cookies.
Supplies (this list includes affiliate links):
Now check out what the Traveler's Journal team has put together to share for you today. All of them created journals to use for this upcoming Christmas along with lots of great accessories and embellishments to add as they document their memories. I absolutely love what each of them created!
"Using a kit that has been previously pulled together is a great way to document the busy upcoming season. I’ve put together a fun kit with kid friendly colors to document my nephew’s fifth Christmas! It’s complete with three mini journals and embellishments; later all I’ll need is the photos and adhesive!"
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: December, Traveler's Journal: December Typed Words, Background Basics: Celestial Sky, Library Card Mini
- INK: Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, New Leaf, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Bitty Big: Pure Poppy, Bitty Big: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, New Leaf, Stamper’s Select White, Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: December, Traveler's Journal: Accessories, Monthly Moments: Spiral Notebook
- OTHER:White Filigree Embossing Powder, Large Glassine Bag, Medium Glassine Bag, Baker’s Twine
"The Christmas holiday season is my favorite time to journal and document memories. My plans re to create three of these journals to create the ultimate 2018 Christmas journal. I really like having a head start by building a journal kit. All is left is to add photos, memorabilia, and embellishments. It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: December
- INK: Classic Kraft, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
- PAPER: Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks, Bitty Big: Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Make It Market: Wonderland Kit, Make It Market: Fairy Tale Christmas Kit
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: December, Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 3, Make It Market: Fairy Tale Christmas Kit, Mix & Mat: Scallops, Monthly Moments: Journal Card 6, Monthly Moments: Journal Card 7, Monthly Moments: Journal Card 1, Monthly Moments: Mini Journal Card, Mix & Mat: Confetti
- OTHER: Baker's Twine (Pure Poppy)
"The countdown to Christmas is upon us and preparation is one of the main ingredients for a successful, stress-free holiday season! Today I'm sharing my December Daily album as well as a quick and easy Traveler's Notebook for organizing lists and tasks! I can't wait to fill my album with a photo per day beginning with December 1st and ending on Christmas Day!"
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: December, Traveler's Journal: December Typed Words, Traveler's Journal: Bullets
- PAPER: Bitty Big: Ocean Tides, Bitty Big: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Kraft, True Black, Stamper's Select White Cardstock, vellum, Traveler's Journal: Passport page blanks
- INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, Fresh Snow
- DIES: Mat Stack 4, Bookprint Alphabet numbers, Tag Sale #5, By The Numbers, Traveler's Journal: December dies, Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangle,Grosgrain ribbon, Tag Sale#6, Tag Sale#7, Tag Sale#4,Traveler's Journal: Passport cover
- OTHER: Pure Poppy Baker's twine, hole punch, sewing machine and thread, crystal glaze, silver rhinestone gems, liquid glue
Thank you so much for joining me and the Traveler’s journal team today. I hope you enjoyed what we had to share today and more inspiration will be coming your way again next month!