Welcome to this month’s Traveler’s Journal feature! Today I am excited to share the new Traveler's Journal: Passport size. You are going to love this new format and you will find that it matches very closely to some sizes of notebooks and journals in other brands, making this new size very versatile. Let's take a closer look:
On the left is the original Traveler's Journal size cover and on the right is the new Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover size. The new Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover will hold 3 passport size booklets/journals comfortably. All of the binding is exactly the same as the original size.
The new Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover die collection includes the die to make the cover and all sorts of sentiments and symbols that are perfect for using in your journals. Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover retails for $40 and will be available to purchase on July 15th.
Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks will also be available to purchase on July 15th. Each package will contain 3 Kraft cardstock covers and plenty of our signature white linen cardstock for the inside pages that are precut and prepunched. You can bind together however many pages that you want to include into your journals. A finished booklet measures about 3 1/2" x 5".
This month, the Traveler's Journal team is sharing ways to add ephemera into your journals. What exactly is ephemera? Ephemera is something of no lasting significance and/or paper items (such as posters, broadsides, and tickets) that were originally meant to be discarded after use but have since become collectibles (Miriam Webster Dictionary)
In high school and college I collected all sorts of paper things that I found inspiring: quotes, postcards, photos, bookmarks, etc. I used to display most of these things on my bulletin board, but as the years went by they got tossed into a box to save for later. I dug out this box and picked out things to include in this journal.
The cover of this journal is a clip from a card that I bought because I liked the sentiment on the front. I added it along with a bit of some patterned paper that I did a little stitching on.
Inside the journal cover is actually one of my most treasured quotes on a Mary Engelbreit illustration from a calendar I had. It's faded, and things have been spilled on it, but it is still one of my favorite pieces of inspiration.
I used the new Traveler's Journal: Passport cover dies on the facing page that I inked with some Berry Sorbet ink. The "hello" inset is actually some fabric that I die cut.
I had a page-a-day calendar with clips from the Life's Little Instruction Books (do you remember those?) that I cut out and hung up. I tucked them all into a glassine envelope. The facing page is a bit of journaling along with some more die cut embellishments from the new Traveler's Journal die collection.
I love how relevant the clips I kept are still today and I love how I can pull them out and read them and also share them with whoever pages through my journal.
This next spread shares more of the things that I collected through the years. You might know that I like tags - and that is not new! I accumulated a nice collection of tags that I loved for one reason or another. I tucked those into another glassine bag pocket.
I also have quite a collection of cards and post cards that I either picked up or was mailed. Those are obviously a little bit to big to include in this size journal. I took pictures of them with my phone (you could also scan them in) and then printed them out in a smaller size, cut them out, and attached them to my pages.
Supplies (this list includes affiliate links):
Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover dies, Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks
The Traveler's Journal team had way too much fun with the new Traveler's Journal: Passport size and adding ephemera to their journals. I just know you are going to love all of their inspiration that they are sharing today!
"The new Traveler’s Journal: Passport size is small but mighty! Everything is in here: maps, wish lists, paintings, pressed pennies, receipts, and even photos... I filled my two journals to the brim celebrating my nephews’s 5th birthday and wrapped them up with a cute cover! Come see how I included it all over on my blog!"
- STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Field Notes
- INK: Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening
- PAPER: Linen Vellum, Green Parakeet, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks
- DIES: Traveler’s Journal: Passport Cover, Traveler’s Journal: Accessories, Traveler’s Journal: Envelope, Traveler’s Journal: Outer Cover, Traveler’s Journal: December, Monthly Moments Spiral Notebook, Monthly Moments Journal Card 5, Countdown Details
- OTHER: Traveler’s Journal: Black Elastic Cord, Hemp Twine, Fun Foam, Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad, Glassine Bags, UTEE, Twill Tape, Washi Tape, Journaling Pen
"I truly enjoyed breaking outside of my typical traveler's journal format and trying the new passport size traveler's journal. It was great to use a different size. I filled some pages with photos and others I added pockets and other embellishments. I tend to have multiple photos, but not enough pages to add them, so the pockets are the perfect solution to tuck them in along with a journal card or other small memorabilia."
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Adventure, Traveler's Journal: Currently, Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes
- INK: Smokey Shadow, Classic Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold
- PAPER: Rustic White, Harvest Gold, Kraft, True Black, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Pale Peony, Hawaiian Shores, Bitty Big: True Black, Bitty Big: Bright Buttercup, Bitty Big: Aqua Mist, Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover, Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, Monthly Moments: Journal Card Pocket 1, Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 3
- OTHER: Black baker's twine
"Adding ephemera to scrapbooks can help establish a color combination, add graphic details, and provide some important facts and dates about the event being documented! By adding ticket stubs and receipts, I was able to give this Disneyland project some extra special details!"
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Currently, Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes, Traveler's Journal: Adventure
- INK: Versamark ink, Black, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: True Black , Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone Bitty Big paper, Harvest Gold Bitty Big paper, Traveler's Journal: Passport Page Blanks
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover
- OTHER: Pure Poppy buttons, Aqua Mist Buttons, True Black buttons, Pure Poppy swiss dot and stitched ribbon, Aqua Mist stitched ribbon, paper clips, chunky glitter, crystal glaze, hot glue, personal ephemera and photos
Thank you so much for joining me and the Traveler’s journal team today. I hope you enjoyed what we had to share today and more inspiration will be coming your way again next month!